The granary of Stepanov is the oldest, fully-preserved wooden building in White (Viena) Karelia. In 2015, a celebration of the granary’s 301 st anniversary has been planned. Presumably, the granary was moved at the end of the 18 th century when the people of Tuhkasenvaara moved to the island of Luotosaari.By the beginning of the 60 ’s it was planned to move the granary to the island of Kizhi, but Ortje Stepanov did not allow that to happen. In 2006, the granary was renovated by the renovation workshop Zaporozhye. The granary has an original roof without nails.Such a roof has not been found on other buildings.
The year of its construction, 1920, has been carved into the facade of the granary of Kuzmin. During WWII, it was used as a storage place for weapons. In 2009, the roof of the granary was changed by the Foundation of Ortje Stepanov.