Moberg’s House is an architectural monument and a culturally significant object.Its value is in its being a sample of urban residential architecture.It was built in 20 s of the last century by Kanadian Finns who arrived in the area of Kalevala to build a new life.From a list of builders two names have been preserved: Moberg and Valleri.
The opening ceremony of the building took place on May 29, 1926. For more than 70 years the authorities of all historical eras were quartered there. In the course of these years the numerous rearrangements destroyed the so called light decoupling devices, which ensured that the rooms were full of light. During the war time the stones of which the stoves and fireplaces were made, had been used for the main street of the village.
The building is being renovated currently. Soon it will become a home to Ethnocultural Centre KALEVALATALO.