Zoo Complex Tri Medvedya
Ruochin-saari (Swedish Island)
Bust of Maria Melentyeva, Hero of the Soviet Union
Protection of the Holy Virgin Church, 2001
Sami Complex in Kindasovo
Chapel of the Holy Archangel Michael and the Martyr Vlasy, 19th cent.
Zhyvonachalnaya Troica Chapel, 19th cent.
Chapel of Saint Dmitry, middle of the 18th cent.
The Alexander Svirsky Chapel, 1st half of the 19th cent.
Chapel of St. Nikolay the Miracle-worker, 19th cent.
Chapel of Vlasy, 2nd half of the 19th cent.
Chapel of the Coming of the Holy Spirit to the Apostles, 16th cent.
Chapel of St. Nikolay the Miracle-worker and Ilya the Prophet, end of 18th century
Chapel of John the Evangelist, 1750
Chapel of St. Barbara the Great Martyr, 19th cent.
Chapel of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God, 17th cent.
Chapel of the Birth of the Holy Virgin, 18th cent.
In old times, when Swedes conducted one of their raids into western Karelia, a detachment of enemies managed to reach the western shore of Syamozero. Making use of darkness, the Swedes took the boats of the coastal inhabitants, successfully crossed part of the lake, and landed on the island nearest to the cemetery. Wanting to fight back, the Karelians made ready by the morning. Some came by boat, some on foot, gathering in one place.
The inhabitants of Syamozero attacked the Swedes. Disembarking, they left their boats under the care of the elderly and women, who helped by taking away the heavily wounded. Most of the enemies were destroyed, and some were taken captive.
Since that time, the island that used to be called Pitkya-saari, the Long Island, was renamed Ruochin-saari, Swedish Island.